I am a 23 year old South African born Fashion stylist, blogger (www.cwayitabizana.com) and law student. I run a fashion styling and image-consulting firm Cake Addict Styles. I would describe my style as fun, edgy and comfortable. My passion for fashion began at a very young age mainly because I grew up surrounded by well dressed and beautiful women. What I enjoy most about fashion is that it has the power to portray the message you’re putting out to the world – I personally have made it my duty to always look good because that makes me feel good and confident. There’s nothing like a confident woman.
So you’ve agreed to meet your girls for girls night, or bae for picnic or you’re going on a date after three years of being single, the rule is the same when it comes to putting looks together. Rule number one is to calm down and have fun with the process – I know you want to impress but you need to always strive for minimal effortless with the ability to have everyone gushing.
Today I will be sharing my top 5 tips on putting a look together:
- You always need staple pieces in your wardrobe these lower the time you’ll spend scrambling for a look last minute. These entail a tailored blazer, an LBD, a crisp white shirt and well fitting jeans to name a few. These give any outfit the perfect balance.
- A little extra height won’t hurt – so have at least two pairs of heels that go with every look and are comfortable should your day extend any longer than you intend it to.
- Stay on trend – this is the best way to look good during that specific season. Don’t be completely clueless about trends it makes looking good easier, I do this by following blogs and Instagram.
- Believe in your individuality in this world and your insecurities will diminish, this is life changing when you’re creating a look. Understand that you can do anything when it comes to style – there aren’t any rules.
- This is the final and most important step when putting a look together; encompassing your true self as you try to uncover it. Make everything about you and not what the world will say about you.
I always thought organized people were unicorns, rare mystical creatures. But I have since learnt that it makes dressing well easier. If your wardrobe is clean and there is no clutter then you won’t have to look for an outfit for longer than 15 minutes. Creativity plays another big part when it comes to dressing well and establishing your daily looks. With that said the most important thing to note is never remain in a state of being uninspired it’s crippling and will leave you looking like the average person. Allow yourself to be open to different ideas in fashion and you’ll kill it daily. Keep it interesting always – I find inspiration everywhere, magazines, blogs, social media, every day people and television. I find it therapeutic.
Thank you for reading
You can catch more of my thoughts
Facebook: Cwayita Bizana