Ola my Happy people, hope you had yourself a happy week and that your weekend has started off well.
Of late I have been thinking about happiness and how to achieve it. I have been reading books and articles on the net and one thing that is highly evident from my research is that, ‘your incharge of your own happiness’. I have to agree with this statement since I have experimented it and just like magic it has worked for me. So many times I pegged my happiness on family, friends and the people around me but most of the time I would end up feeling sad and empty and I realized that the above mentioned groups never filled that void or emptiness that was in my heart. Most of the time I would get angry at them or feel unloved by them. Then one day I decided to change my mindset and seek ways in which I can make myself happy. You see, for you to be happy, you have have to change your state of mind. You have to have the will to choose to be happy and start that journey.
This journey entails saying a prayer every morning before you start your day. It’s about thanking God for the gift of life and the favor that his given you to see a brand new day. It’s about being grateful and appreciating what you have.
let me share with you my 11 happiness rules that I have changed my life the past couple of months.
1.Happiness is about loving yourself and putting yourself first.
2.It’s about knowing yourself worth and setting standards for yourself.
3. It’s about a healthy lifestyle and enjoying foods that you love… Yummie food that makes you go kukuz 😉
4. It’s about appreciating the things you have.
5. If you have a loving family and friends then that’s a bonus and you have to reciprocate.
6. Sharing your happiness and joy will bring you more happiness and joy to you.
7. It’s about avoiding the unhappy and the unlucky because if you surround yourself with such kind of people then they only draw you to their sadness… You clearly don’t need to be in that dark place…
8. Happiness is about creating a cult-like following through the positive influence you have over people.
9. Happiness is about giving and receiving.
10. Happiness is about working hard and achieving your dreams…
11. Lastly, shake off the haters and show them the tongue 😉 lol…. Am joking about the tongue bit, but if you feel like you want to do it then knock yourself out.
Drop a comment, feedback will be appreciated. Even more interesting point out which happiness rule works for you or which one you will experiment with 😉