If there is one thing that never really goes out of style and on the fashion quotient is the little black dress. There is something about that LBD, which makes it a timeless piece to own.
Here are my top reasons as to why I gravitate towards a short black dress –
- Classic – it will never really go out of style
- It gives you a slimming effect especially if you are curvy… plus it compliments your curves very well.
- Its versatile – you can wear it to any occasion i.e office, coctail party, funeral etc
- Easy to accesories – black goes with any color, plus you can accessrize it with a scaft, jacket, jewelery, cover up, red lipstick etc
- If you have a wardrobe malfunction then that LBD will surely come to your rescue. It is like having that best friend’s shoulder to cry on when things go wrong.
If you have nothing to wear, then take out that LBD to play it safe rather than going making a faux passé.
- It compliments any skin color… A win for all of us.
- Black will always be “the new black”
Dress from Funky Frills
Shoes from Jumia
Photography by Shaq