Y’all know that my husband and I celebrated our 1st anniversary over two weeks ago. I for one I’m grateful to have him home, that is a prayer well answered and I thank God for coming through.
I took some time out to reflect on our marriage and how living as husband and wife has impacted our lives. To my surprise, nothing much has changed though I have noticed that I enjoy Shaq’s company a lot even when we do not have much to talk about. Having him besides me gives me peace. I find myself resting on his shoulder whenever we are watching TV and I instantly fall asleep. He always finds something to cover my face to prevent the light from waking me up. Bliss!
The weekend after our anniversary, Shaq made roast leg of goat with roast potatoes for dinner and we toasted to;
- Long life and happy marriage: Everyone wants a happy marriage but a happy marriage has it’s fair share of ups and downs, it’s how the both of you handle such situations that builds into a happy union. It is important to embrace all the seasons in marriage and come out stronger and better than before.
- Better communication: During our pre-marital classes, we were being advised on the importance of having candid communication with your partner and I couldn’t agree more. Communication is key. Never assume that some piece of information is irrelevant. However small or big it is, always share.
- Less mood swings: Haha! I am the mother of mood swings. One minute I am happy and the next I am so irritable or sad. Trust me, if I find that he has used a different pot to cook the dog’s food or make tea, I get so irritated. Poor Shaq, he has experience a fair share of my change of moods and he has appealed to me is to lessen such. As much as he has learn’t how to handle me when I get moody, he still gets confused and doesn’t understand why something small can make me go kukuz (crazy) on him. I am slowly working on fixing this bug. Perhaps a pharmaceutical company need to make a cure for mood swings. They will definitely have Shaq and other men (boyfriends/husbands) as there first and loyal customers. Lol
- Success: We both have different ambitions and goals which are currently in progress, but we also share similar family goals (mine might be a bit on the extreme, but a girl has got to dream. Right?) We created a vision board that helps us monitor our growth, be it finances, property, investments etc. It is very vital to have a vision board so that the both of you can have clarity on how you will accomplish the things that you have pinned on your board.
- On having a baby: Yes! We do want to have a baby but at the right time. We want to build a strong foundation in our marriage and home before we welcome a baby into our lives. This topic is always sensitive to me, not because I don’t want to have a baby, but because I want a healthy life and future for our child.
I will be sharing random conversations about life and marriage in this new segment, ‘On Our Table’. And what better way to do that with some good food. Dont you think?
Thank you for being such a good audience.
The meat was sealed on a pan and then slow roasted in the oven. A burst of flavors in your palette. And we washed it down with a glass of Champagne…
And yes, I know those are not champagne glasses 😉